Resources for Current Students
Request Student ID (Ram eCard)
- Log in with your WCU email address and the same password you use for your WCU email, MyWCU, and D2L.
- Click "upload your photo" on the left side.
- You may choose to have your student ID mailed to you for a $5 fee. Otherwise, you will receive an email when it is ready for pickup on the Philadelphia Campus.
Instructions for Ordering Textbooks
You can order your books through the SSI Bookstore at wcucampusstore.com. Explore a guide to ordering textbooks through the WCU Campus Store website, including the process for requesting and using a financial aid book voucher.
Accepted forms of payment:
- All major credit cards
- Ram Bucks
- Financial Aid ( It is the student’s responsibility to setup book voucher for payment to release the order. If this is not done the book order will be held in the SSI bookstore)
If you are using Financial Aid to purchase books through the WCU SSI Bookstore, please follow these additional steps:
- Estimate your total book cost by searching for your course materials on the Campus Store's website
- Accept your financial aid awards (you may change the total you'd like to accept, but be sure to accept enough to include the cost of your books) and activate your account/confirm your enrollment in MyWCU
- Click here to submit the online Bookstore Voucher Request Form. You must request a book voucher from the Bursar's Office before placing your textbook order.
Students attending classes at WCU’s Philadelphia Site will have access to the multiple library resources on the West Chester campus. For information about accessing materials, please visit the library's special online resource site.
Electronic Materials and Delivery of Print Materials
86% of the University Libraries’ collection is available online 24/7 for WCU in Philadelphia students. This includes:
- Streaming Video & Audio
WCU Library will ship books & DVDs to:
- Your home (free of charge, with return label provided, UPS both ways)
- The Philadelphia Campus (shipped UPS, and returned to Marcie Cohen who returns books to West Chester)
Request PDF scans of articles from print journals and chapters from books via ILLiad:
- Fill out and submit request form
- You will receive an email letting you know material is available
- Log in to download the material via ILLiad
If the Library doesn’t have a particular material, you can request it via interlibrary loan.
- Usually delivered electronically via ILLiad
- Or the Library will ship printed materials to you (home or Philadelphia campus), if the lending institution permits
Subject-Specific Collections: Social Work Criminal Justice Nursing
Need help from a reference librarian?
Librarians are available to help you via chat, email, phone, and text (visit Ask Us page)
In-person reference hours at our campus are offered in conjunction with library presentations and workshops – Contact Danielle Skaggs, eLearning and Outreach Librarian for more information
WCU in Philadelphia has started a Lending Library! Contact Coordinator of Student Support, Marcie Cohen, if you would like to donate or reserve books. View available books .
Office of Services for Students with Disabilities
WCU students at the Philadelphia site should follow WCU procedures for requesting accommodations for disabilities in accordance with OSSD procedures. Please refer to the OSSD website for further information.
SPRING 2021 UPDATE: Counseling Services will continue to be available with appointments being held via Zoom during the fall semester. Our WCU in Philadelphia Counselor, Lori Mina, will be available Wednesdays and Thursdays 4-7PM for scheduled Zoom appointments. To schedule an appointment, contact Lori directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free and confidential Counseling Services are provided to WCU in Philadelphia students on a part-time basis. Lori Mina, LPC, offers appointments on Tuesdays between 4PM and 7PM, and on Thursdays between 5PM and 8PM at the Center City site. To schedule, contact the WCU Counseling Center at (610) 436-2301 or email@example.com and ask to schedule an appointment with Lori Mina at the Philadelphia Campus.
- Local and Emergency Resources
- Mental Health Delegates: (215) 685-6440
- Suicide and Crisis Intervention Hotline: (215) 686-4420
- Hall-Mercer Crisis Response Center: 245 S. 8th St., Philadelphia, PA 19107 - (215) 829-5433
- Mercy Hospital Crisis Response Center: 5401 Cedar Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19143 - (215) 748-9525
- Psychiatric Emergency Evaluation Center at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania: (215) 662-2121
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741
Philadelphia Area Resources
- Women Against Abuse
- Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline 1-866-723-3014
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence: Victim Resources
- Women in Transition
- LifeLine, (215) 751-1111 (for Counseling Support)
- AA meeting finder
- PA Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Philadelphia Office of Addiction Services, (215) 685-5404
- South Eastern Pennsylvania AA Meeting Finder
- Science-based Practices for a Meaningful Life
- Self-compassion information, research, and practice
- American Psychological Association’s Help Center