New Student Orientation
Congratulations! We are excited you chose West Chester University in Philadelphia to be a part of your journey to success. You join a dynamic and vibrant community of peers, faculty, and staff committed to helping you achieve your goals. What's next?
Fall 2021 Orientation - August 21st
Fall 2021 New Student Orientation will be held in person on Saturday, August 21st as follows:
- 9am - 12pm for undergraduate students (check-in will begin at 8:30am)
- 1pm - 4pm for graduate students (check-in will begin at 12:30pm)
*Masks will be required to enter the building and while on campus regardless of vaccination status as per current WCU policy and Philadelphia mandate.*
New Student Orientation will be an opportunity for us to welcome you to campus AND for you to learn critical information about the campus, university resources, and your program. Orientation is required for all incoming students who have been admitted to a Philadelphia Campus program and matriculated for the fall 2021 semester by paying the deposit fee. *MSW Advanced Standing students admitted for summer 2021 are encouraged, but not required, to attend Orientation. RN-BSN students will be required to attend a separate Orientation through the Nursing Department and are also encouraged, but not required, to attend Philadelphia Campus Orientation.
Through orientation, you will learn about:
- Program expectations
- Student support services
- WCU resources, such as library access
- Classroom technology
- Making payments and using financial aid
- Insider info from current WCU in Philadelphia students and alumni
- AND MORE!
Please be sure to check both your WCU and personal email accounts regularly throughout the summer to ensure you do not miss any important information. Visit the "location" page of this website for information about our location and parking. Further details will be sent via email in early-mid August.
For questions, please contact Marcie Cohen, Associate Director for Student Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-225-8756.
*Undergraduate students, please note that you will need to log into your Admissions
Portal with the same log-in information you used to complete your admissions application
in order to RSVP.
If you've already RSVP'd via the link in the Orientation invitation email you received, you do not need to RSVP again here.
COVID-19 Policies and Precautions
All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, are welcome to continue masking if they prefer to do so.
Orientation staff will have masks available for individuals who may need one.
To keep your fellow Rams and the orientation staff safe, do not come to campus if you have been:
- In close contact with someone who has had COVID-19 within the last 14 days. You have
been in close contact if you have:
- been within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a combined total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period or
- provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19 or
- had direct physical contact (hugged or kissed) with someone who has COVID-19 or
- shared eating or drinking utensils with someone who has COVID-19 or
- been sneezed on or coughed on by someone who has COVID-19
- Exposed to someone who is waiting for COVID-19 test results
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- Are waiting on COVID-19 test results
- Traveled domestically or internationally within the past 14 days
- Are experiencing, or have been in contact with anyone experiencing, any of the following
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If any of the above apply to you, we will be happy to provide you with the orientation information in a virtual format.